How to make HEALTHY Weis bars: Gourmets are enthusiastic about this nutritious DIY version of the popular frozen products – and you only need five ingredients
- Weight Loss Program Healthy Mummy Shared How To Make Healthy Weis Bars
- Gourmets got into a frenzy over the healthy version of the childhood classic
- You will need mango, banana, cinnamon, honey, and Greek yogurt to make them
Food lovers are obsessed with a simple recipe for making healthy Weis bars, and you only need five ingredients to replicate it.
The most popular childhood ice cream bars have always been popular with children and adults, but with a fifth of your daily recommended amount of sugar, a Weis bar isn’t always the healthiest choice.
Now, the team behind Australia’s leading weight loss program Healthy Mummy has shown how you can make a healthy mango bar at home.
Foodies are obsessed with a simple recipe for making healthy Weis bars, and you only need five ingredients to replicate it (healthy Weis bars pictured)
The delicious summer treat has just 198 calories per serving and contains plenty of healthy foods, including mango, low-fat Greek yogurt, and cinnamon (healthy white in the picture).
The delicious summer alternative to a normal Weis bar has only 198 calories per serving.
It contains many healthy foods, including mango, low-fat Greek yogurt, and cinnamon, a well-known appetite suppressant.
When the recipe for the healthy mango bars was shared on Facebook, hundreds were quick to say how much they loved the idea.
‘These look great. Thank you very much, I’ll do this tomorrow, ”wrote one woman.
The most popular childhood ice cream bars (pictured) have always been popular with children and adults alike, but can be made healthier
How to make healthy Mango Weis bars
3 diced mangoes (approx. 600 grams)
Australia’s leading weight loss program Healthy Mummy shared the recipe for the dessert (pictured)
2 chopped bananas (approx. 180 grams)
3 cups of low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Place the diced mango and chopped banana in a blender or food processor. Impulse to combine.
2. Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour in the fruit mixture. Smooth out with a spatula. Freeze for an hour or until firm.
3. Mix the yogurt, honey and cinnamon and spread over the solid fruit mixture in the can. Return to the freezer for an hour or two, or overnight.
4. When firm, cut into eight slices and enjoy.
Source: Healthy mom
“I wonder if you could add coconut to the yogurt mixture,” added another.
To make the mango bars, you need diced mangoes, chopped bananas, Greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon.
It only takes a few minutes to strike the bars, but must be kept in the refrigerator or freezer for a few hours, or preferably overnight.
The recipe makes eight servings with 198 calories per serving.