The BEST crispy fried potatoes you will ever make: The nutritionist shares her game changing recipe – and you’ll never guess the secret ingredient
- A nutritionist revealed her secret ingredient for making the perfect fried potatoes
- Laura Ford from Melbourne shared her eight ingredient recipe on social media
- She used red-skinned potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, butter, thyme and honey
A nutritionist has revealed the secret ingredient she uses to cook crispy, golden fried potatoes to perfection every time.
Laura Ford from Melbourne shared her eight ingredient recipe on social media and showed how she makes crispy spuds at home.
She used red-skinned baby potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, butter, all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper, fresh thyme leaves and, most importantly, honey.
“The most addicting potatoes you will ever eat are those honey butter fried potatoes,” Laura wrote in an Instagram post.
‘The perfect balance between sweet and salty with the crispest edges. Sorry in advance because honestly you won’t be able to stop eating these guys. ‘
A nutritionist has revealed the secret ingredient she uses to cook crispy, golden fried potatoes to perfection every time
Honey butter fried potatoes
2 kg red baby potatoes, cut into 1 cm slices
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
50 g butter (use vegan butter if vegan)
salt and pepper
1 – 2 tbsp honey (depending on how sweet you like it, 1.5 works for my taste buds)
Fresh thyme leaves for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the potatoes. Cook the potatoes for 4-5 minutes until they are soft but not mushy (you want them to keep their shape and not fall apart).
2. While the potatoes are cooking, preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Place the olive oil and butter on a tray and place in the oven for 2 minutes until the butter has melted. Add the drained potatoes and turn the potatoes in the oil to make sure they are well coated. Season with all-purpose spices, salt and pepper. Make sure the potatoes are evenly spaced and not overlapping. This allows for maximum crispness. So if you need to use 2 trays, do this.
3. Bake potatoes for 30 minutes, then flip them and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until crispy.
4. Drizzle hot honey (or maple syrup) over the potatoes and garnish with fresh thyme.
5. Have fun
For the dish, put sliced potatoes in boiling water and cook for four to five minutes until tender.
“Not mushy – you want them to hold their shape and not fall apart,” she explained.
Cooking potatoes in a saucepan with salted boiling water will shorten the roasting time in the oven and make the insides really fluffy.
Next, Laura said she drizzled olive oil and butter and put them in the oven for two minutes until the butter had melted.
The nutritionist Laura Ford (picture) has revealed her recipe for the perfect fried potatoes
Transfer the cooked potatoes to the baking sheet and toss until all the slices are well coated. Season with all-purpose seasoning, salt and pepper.
Make sure the potatoes are evenly spaced and not overlapping. This allows for maximum crispness. So if you need to use two trays, do this, ”she said.
Bake the potatoes for about 30 minutes and turn them halfway until they are crispy and golden all over.
“This time is a guide. If your potatoes don’t look crispy after 30 minutes, keep cooking until they’re golden brown,” she said.
To serve, drizzle hot honey over the potatoes and garnish with fresh thyme.