Is this the best Easter recipe ever? How to make a chocolate fondue platter with a hot LOAF bun from the supermarket – complete with marshmallows, meringue, and fruit
- Woolworths shared their simple recipe for an epic triple chocolate fondue bread
- You will need a hot crossbread, thickened cream and milk, and white and dark chocolates
- Serve the fondue on a platter with fresh fruits, pretzels, meringues and marshmallows
With Easter approaching, Woolworths has delighted shoppers with its simple recipe for an epic triple chocolate fondue bread.
To prepare the pampering dessert platter you need a hot crossbread, thickened cream, milk, white and dark pralines, fresh fruit, pretzels, salted potato chips, mini meringues, marshmallows and waffles.
“Use whatever goodies you like to dip into this fondue – combine salty, crispy, fruity, and sweet for the perfect combination,” the recipe says.
With Easter approaching, Woolworths has delighted shoppers with its simple recipe for an epic triple chocolate fondue bread
The three-tier recipe seats up to eight people, making it the perfect place to have a get-together with close friends and family over the long weekend.
First, cut three cubes in a row from the top of the hot cross loaf for dipping.
Melt the three pralines – white, milky, and dark – separately in a separate saucepan with thickened cream until smooth, then pour into the square holes in the loaf.
Serve the fondue on a platter with your favorite dipping treats.
Triple chocolate fondue bread
680 g hot crossbread
150 g white chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup thickened cream
150 g milk chocolate, chopped
150 g dark chocolate, chopped
2 cups of fresh fruit
100 g pretzels
60 g salted potato chips
100g mini meringue
100 g marshmallows
175 g wafer
1. Cut 3 x 5 cm squares (6 cm deep) from the top of the hot cross loaf. Remove the bread from the squares and cut into cubes for dipping.
2. Put white chocolate and 1/4 cup thickened cream in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until smooth and well blended. Pour into one of the square holes in the loaf. Repeat the process two more times with milk chocolate and 1/4 thickened cream, then with dark chocolate and remaining thickened cream.
3. Serve the fondue with fruit, pretzels, potato chips, meringues, marshmallows and waffles.
Photo credit: Woolworths
Ingredients include a range of fruits like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, apples, kiwis, and cookies and nuts.
Hot Cross Fruit breads are available at the grocery store for $ 3.50 each or two for $ 6.
But if buns are more to your liking, there are a number of flavors to choose from including traditional, apple & cinnamon, fruit, mocha, and even gluten-free.