Why so serious? Put on your best outfit and join in On the set cinema this August at Bruce Wayne’s penthouse in downtown Gotham (aka Downtown Chicago) for a very special showing of The dark knight.
A screening of The dark knight will take place right where Joker (Heath Ledger) and his thugs Harvey Dents (Aaron Eckhart) fundraiser crash and compete with Batman (Christian Bale) in a fight, then Joker pushes Rachel (Maggie Gyllenhaal) out of a window. This is one of the most intriguing scenes in the entire Dark Knight trilogy. The building this scene was filmed in is located in downtown Chicago on Wacker Dr and has since been converted into the Chicago Architecture Center. The scene was actually filmed on the first floor of the building – the production used green screens to digitally fill in the Gotham skyline in post-production.
There are drinks, free Garrett’s popcorn, filming locations through the scene, and merch for special occasions. Fans are encouraged to dress in costume or evening wear as in the movie, but of course it is not required to attend. This will be a memorable experience for the fans and a wonderful way to celebrate Heath Ledger’s incredible work that creates the icon The dark knight Joker character … you will leave with a constant smile on your face. 🙂 🙂
Find event details and purchase tickets for The Dark Knight On Set Cinema event at MyersHouseNC.com.
- COMES ON SET OF CINEMA SCREENINGS
- April 8, 2021: Empire Records (Wilmington, NC) SOLD OUT!
- May 8 & October 2, 2021: The Hunger Games (Hickory, NC)
- May 15, 2021: The Fury: Carrie 2 (Charlotte, NC)
- June 19, 2021: Maximum Overdrive (Leland, NC)
- July 17, 2021: Children of Corn (Whiting, IA) SOLD OUT!
- August 7, 2021: The Dark Knight (Chicago, IL)
- 13-17 August 2021: Jason Lives (Rutledge, GA) SOLD OUT!
- August 27 & August 28, 2021: Twilight: New Moon (Coquitlam, BC, Canada)
- October 10, 2021: The Shining (government camp, OR)
- October 13, 2021: Twilight (St. Helens, OR) SOLD OUT!
- November 20, 2021: The Prowler (1981) (Cape May, NJ)
- December 5 and 6, 2021: Texas Chainsaw (1974) (Kingsland, TX)
On the set cinema is an ongoing film series that goes a step further with rare screenings of cult favorites and horror classics at their actual locations. Created by Kenny Caperton, who lives in a life-size replica of Michael Myers’ house from John Carpenter’s original Halloween.
We all know it’s only so close that if you watch a movie from the couch at home you can only see it … but what if you could step on the screen for a moment? Movies like watch Beetle juice, It follows, The blob and The Texas chainsaw massacre in the actual busy places – whether in a small department store where Sarah Michelle Gellar ran for her life I know what you did last summer or in a California mansion where Sidney Prescott and Billy Loomis lived during the climax of Scream, On Set Cinema gets you there.