The citizens of the capital will not celebrate the arrival of the new year in Freedom Square this year, “Aktuaalne kaamera” reported on Saturday.
Elder Vladimir Svet of Lasnamäe Ward said that while there will be fireworks, this year they will be smaller and in districts and districts to avoid large crowds in the city center.
“The city is working on a plan for where these fireworks will take place. We have already said that the traditional New Year fireworks in Freedom Square will be canceled,” Svet said.
Those who want to take a walk downtown on December 31st can watch fireworks near the Reidi T-piece or the Russalka monument, as there is enough space in these areas to comply with the 2 + 2 rule.
The capital urges citizens not to shoot fireworks in backyards as this endangers fellow citizens and disturbs pets.
The Tartu city government has not yet decided how to celebrate the New Year. Tartu has organized a large fireworks display every year that citizens can enjoy on the banks of the Emajõgi. The city has made a procurement, declared a winner and is still hoping to organize the exhibition this year. Whether it can happen and how is still being discussed.
“We organized a procurement, received attractive offers and selected an innovative and environmentally friendly solution that has a lower noise level. We are ready. However, this depends on the epidemiological situation. People organize rather chaotic fireworks themselves and are.” This is more likely when the city’s fireworks are smaller. So we could have a single central display and would like to have one. But we’ll see, “said the mayor of Tartu Urmas Klaas.
Pärnu did not have any official fireworks last year and will not do so this year either. People are welcome to post the old year near Christmas trees in Central Square or Independence Square while maintaining a reasonable distance from other people.
Anu Juurmaa-Saks, head of public relations for the Parnu municipal government, said people could keep parties down. “Stay home or take a stroll in the city that is beautiful. The virus is spreading. We had modest plans for December 31st, but this time they have been canceled. Perhaps we will do something bigger next year “, she said.
Haapsalu city council decided to cancel the city’s traditional fireworks display. The city government urges people not to gather in large groups on New Year’s Eve.
Haapsalu organized a big fireworks display in the old town every new year. If, in the initial plans for this year, pyrotechnics were to be replaced by a laser show, the city would have recently announced that it would not organize an exhibition as it would be impossible to keep an eye on attendance at night.
Deputy Mayor Tõnu Parbus said the city is still planning light installations. To ensure people are scattered, the decorations are installed in different parts of the city and turned off two hours before midnight. Parbus urged citizens not to gather in large groups.
“We encourage people to walk around town between 4:00 pm and 10:00 pm before going home to greet the new year,” said the deputy mayor.
Follow the ERR News on Facebook and Twitter and don’t miss an update!