Removing the background from images used to be a daunting task. You had to use software like Photoshop and then use some complicated tools. It took a lot of effort and time to get a decent end result. But not anymore, because now we have online platforms that are doing the hard work for us thanks to machine learning.
This guide describes three methods that you can use on any device, be it an Android or iOS smartphone, or a Mac and even a PC, that you can use to remove backgrounds from your pictures.
1. remove.bg: remove the background with one click
This method works on PCs, Macs and even on Android smartphones (in the form of an app). For PCs and Macs:
- Open remove.bg in a browser.
- Either Click Upload Image or just Drag an image onto the webpage.
- After a few seconds, you’ll get a decently separated photo. If you think the image is not well separated, you can click Edit> Delete / Restore to make some finer adjustments.
- click Download and select the destination to save your picture.
This website is also available in the form of an Android app. It works in a similar way:
- Download and open the app.
- Tap Upload> Give the app permission to access your pictures and files> Select a picture.
- Just like the website, you will have a separate picture soon. You can also make finer adjustments by following the same steps as on the website.
Both the website and the app require a working internet connection to receive an edited image.
2. Erase Background ~ Stickers: Remove the background from the picture on iPhone and iPad
Erase Background ~ Stickers is a free app that removes backgrounds from photos on iOS devices with minimal intervention and no watermarks. To use it:
- Download and open the app.
- Tap Upload a new photo> give the app permission to access your pictures> select a photo.
- Crop your photo so that only the subject is in the frame, and then tap Done> Done> Save.
This app does not require a working internet connection.
3. Photoshop CC 20 removes the background from the image
If you want to remove backgrounds from images in Photoshop without using the lasso tool or other complicated actions, there is now a one-stop solution. Photoshop CC 2020 has its own machine learning feature called Adobe Sensei that allows you to remove the background of an image with just a few clicks. To try it out:
- to open Photoshop> File> Load Image.
- Click on Window> Properties.
- Here you will find an option called Remove background. Click on it to remove the background from your picture.
- You can either add a different background using a different layer or save the image by clicking File> Save As> .png Image Format.
- You can then choose how much compression you want.
For more tutorials, see the How To section.
Is LG Wing’s Unique Design Alone Enough To Succeed In India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.